- Every player is guaranteed four games in the Showcase. It consists of four games (pool play) on Saturday and possibly a small tournament depending on how many participants attend.
- Games are played in two 20-minute halves. To ensure exposure for every participant, each player will play at least ten minutes in each half.
- Teams will be composed of 7 players or less to ensure maximum exposure for all participants.
- Teams will be divided by position first, then height. Every effort will be made to have no more than two players at the same position on the floor together.
- All players will be listed in the event packet, which is available to the college coaches.
- Games will be officiated by high school referees.
- Each participant will receive a Big Time Hoops T-shirt.
- Teams will be coached by high school coaches from NM and TX. Each player will have a quality coach.
- Space is limited at the Big Time Hoops Showcase. Enrollment will be limited to the first 70 participants. We encourage you to register early to secure a spot. You may pay in full, or send a deposit to reserve your spot in the Showcase.
- Travel and lodging is not provided. Call the hotel directly to make reservations and mention the Big Time Hoops Showcase to receive the special discount rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Big Time Hoops Showcase?
The Big Time Hoops Showcase allows the student athlete to gain added competitive experience and exposure to college coaches prior to the NCAA’s late signing period.
What are the benefits?
At the Big Time hoops Showcase, everyone benefits. College coaches benefit because they can scout and evaluate talented athletes in one location at one time. Athletes benefit because they are divided into balanced teams so they will have a chance to showcase their talent.
Who can participate?
Girls that are currently a sophomore, junior or senior, and play on their varsity team may attend the Showcase. Freshmen must be invited by BTH or recommended by their coach.
Why should I participate?
The BTH Showcase will allow you to improve your chance of a college scholarship, especially for athletes whose schools do not attract college recruiters. You will be competing against some of the best players in the Southwest in front of college coaches.
What is the cost?
Tuition for the Showcase is $55.00 ($65 if paid via PayPal). The deadline to sign up is March 30th (or when the first 70 sign up). All participants are a guaranteed a minimum of four games. There is also a 3-point shooting competition on Friday night.
When is the Big Time Hoops Showcase?
The Showcase is scheduled for April 4-5, 2014 in Las Cruces, NM at Oñate High School.